Thursday, June 12, 2014

2014 thus far...

I have missed blogging, but over the past few months I have also accomplished a lot of the goals I had set out to accomplish. My birthday is also next week and I'm only 1 pound away from losing 30 pounds by my 30th birthday! I still have my anesthesiology written board exam next month so I am constantly studying. The reason I decided to take some time and write this blog post is because I was recently contacted by two very nice readers just wanting to check up on me. I felt so touched and decided to do a quick post about what the Mauritz family has been up to!

February
Celebrated Abby's second birthday at the Little Gym of Durham and Chapel Hill
Abby had three valentines: Daddy and her two monkeys!
While Jonathon was out of town we got snowed in and made the best of it by making our first snowman, snow angel and sledding with a bougie board!
Celebrated Jonathon turning 30 with our besties from Church
Started potty training!
 March
Started our weekly Sunday evening family tradition of biking the American Tobacco Trail
Kicked off our Mommy/Daughter Spring/Summer 2014 Durham Park Tour with a visit to Herndon Park. We have been to about 10 different parks around the city since then!
Started jogging with Abby in Jonathon's jogging stroller! I even won the Biggest Loser contest at my job. I was down 22 pounds since the new year and up $ 400 with my contest winnings. Win, win all the way around!!
APRIL

Abby got the hang of how to properly make a mad dash for Easter Eggs after going to 5 different Easter Egg hunts! On Easter Sunday she got her very own monogrammed Easter basket from Pottery Barn Kids and then we went to church as a family to celebrate our Risen Savior.

Took a family road trip to Washington DC and enjoyed the historic sites.
Abby enjoyed all the animals at the National Zoo.

Abby and I met up with two of my favorite blogging mamas from Life is Good and Life with J&J for a play date. These two women are near and dear to my heart and I'm so glad the blogging community brought us together!
 MAY

Went to Las Vegas with my line sisters for a girls weekend to celebrate our 10 years of sisterhood!
Trust us to hire a professional photographer to follow us around the Cosmopolitan Hotel to take pictures of us! Pretty Girls Wear Twenty Pearls AND love posing for the camera!
Went to Page Farms for our yearly Strawberry Picking trip and then made some homemade strawberry jam that Abby hand delivered to our neighbors.
My twin sister in laws graduated from high school so Abby got to spend some time in Iowa with her grandparents and bond with her cousin Jazmin! Abby's passport also came in the mail so she is all ready to fly to South Africa/Botswana later this year to be a flower girl in my cousin's wedding!
I hope everyone is doing well! I have been checking in on all your blogs on a weekly basis but just have not been commenting. Once my board exams are done I hope to get back to blogging regularly but I may just stay on Instagram since it's so easy and low maintenance. I LOVE instagram. Feel free to follow me at wifeymommymd! 

20 comments:

  1. So glad to get an update from you although I do follow you from Instagram I feel it is not enough! ;)

    1 lb away! That is so awesome, congrats!

    Love that you got to meet them, I love them and hope that I'll meet all of you one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith I MUST meet you too. I wish we could have met in San Antonio. I LOVE that city. I am actually going to apply for an anesthesia faculty position there. If we end of moving there for work, you have to come visit again!!!

      Delete
  2. So glad to read this update. I can't believe you've met Pegster and JJ. You're looking great and congratulations for achieving your goal. I love following your daily happenings on IG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pegster and JJ are so sweet. It's too bad we couldn't meet up when I was in Canada. Maybe next time!

      Delete
  3. Your baby is really growing up. Grandmas love watching the little ones grow.
    It is about time to get her first dollhouse! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a life size dollhouse at her Grandparents in Iowa! It's amazing!!

      Delete
    2. Would you mind sharing? I would love to see pictures of it!

      Delete
  4. I love this recap of your year so far. So glad to read your update.

    Thanks for posting. Wishing you luck and many blessings on your upcoming exams. Will also be praying for you!

    Kisses to Miss Abby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! I hope your new position is going well and that your vacation has been awesome. Kisses to precious JOE!

      Delete
  5. Good to hear that you are doing what you need to do to get to where you want to be. I had to take some time off from blogging myself too. I am still accomplishing my goals. I want to lose 40 pounds before my 40th birthday which is in November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it!! I highly recommend the My Fitness Pal app. It has really kept me accountable in this weigh loss journey.

      Delete
  6. Amy! So wonderful to hear from you! I thought about you not too long ago, so this is a welcome surprise!

    CONGRATS on your weight loss goals! I have regressed, and you are inspo for me to get back on track! Ummm...Abby is so big now and as beautiful as ever! She is way too cute! I love how you dress her. I'm loving the strawberry 'fit for the strawberry outing. She is rocking that pink at the zoo :)

    Have a wonderful weekend...and summer! :) God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can definitely do it. Slow and steady wins the race. I made small life style changes and it took me 6 months to get to where I wanted to be, but it is totally doable! I love dressing Abby up and it made me happy that you noticed my efforts at coordinating outfits with occasions! Her zoo outfit had a giraffe on it and her strawberry picking outfit had strawberries! I spend way too much time shopping for that girl, but it gives me so much joy to see her dressed to impress ;)

      Delete
  7. So happy to see an update from the M family. You sure have been busy. I am so glad that we got to hang out when you were in DC. We totally have to do that again.

    That trip to Vegas looks amazing. I am sure you ladies celebrated in style. YAY for sisterhood of any kind.

    Good luck with your exam and congrats on losing 30 by 30. You must be a stick now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to return to DC next spring for the Easter Egg roll at the White House!! We will have to meet up again then!

      Delete
  8. So happy all is well with you guys! She is growing up so fast & you look AMAZING! Hope you enjoy your birthday hun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so glad to see an update from you Amy! You look great and Abby is as gorgeous as ever. I hope that you had a good birthday. Aaaah so you will be in South Africa later this year for a wedding? I hope that you will love it, it is a beautiful country. I enjoy staying there.

    Looking forward to more updates. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have any tips on things to do, places to see, etc. for South Africa please let me know!!

      Delete