Friday, February 7, 2014

Abigail Adesuwa is 2!

February 7, 2012 our lives were changed forever when Abigail Adesuwa Mauritz came into this world after 15 hours of labor and 4 long, hard and exhausting hours of pushing. She was worth every bit of it!

Love at first sight

She's 50% mama's girlie girl and 50% daddy's tomboy. Here her girlie side meets big bows and tutus!


The joy of a first time mom. I savored every moment of my maternity leave with my sweet baby girl.

 February 7, 2013 our princess turned 1! We had a first birthday photo shoot in our home in Durham by Red Bridge Photography and celebrated by having dinner and games at the local Chuck E Cheese with just the three of us. The next week we flew to Houston, Texas where Abby had not one but two big birthday bashes. One party was at the Little Gym of Katy with all my mommy friends and their little ones and the other party was at Grandma and Grandpa Ohen's house where Abby was showered with love by all her "hometown"  friends, family and well wishers!

The first of many frilly birthday tutus. I was born to be a girl mama!

Have you ever seen such beauty?!?!

I miss her chunky baby rolls. She looked so darling in her lavender petti romper and pearls.
My how time flies because today Abigail Adesuwa is 2 years old! I've been so emotional all week reflecting on these past two years as a family of three. She has truly brought so much joy to our lives. Lately our house has been filled with much laughter thanks to all of Abigail's funny toddler antics. I don't think Jonathon and I have ever laughed so much in our lives! Yesterday we went to JCPenney to have her two year old portraits done and then tomorrow Abigail and her twinie Mr. IEK will have a joint cowgirl/cowboy birthday party at The Little Gym with all their friends from preschool and church.

The cutest little cowgirl ever trying on her birthday party outfit complete with a pink and brown tutu!

I love this precious girl with every fiber of my being. 

I plan on getting this pose every year! I got one from last year at JCP with "1" and this year I followed up with "2"! The photographer was not happy with me when I used my cell phone to take this pic. Ooops!
I started blogging when I got engaged to Jonathon back in 2009 and this blog has documented my engagement, my wedding, my life as a newlywed, my pregnancy and my life as a first time mom. It is near and dear to my heart, but at this point in my life I am being pulled in so many directions. In addition to the commitments I've mentioned in previous posts (studying for boards, going to the gym, preparing lectures and presentations) I recently decided to become active in my sorority again and join the graduate Alpha Kappa Alpha chapter of Durham as well as get more involved with a mother's group called Triangle Mommies. With all that I have on my plate, something has got to give....After much thought and deliberation I have decided to take a break from blogging and focus on my family, my faith, my career and building a good life here in Durham. I think once the dust has settled later this year I may get back into blogging because I do love documenting the daily life of my precious little family, but for now I bid the blog world adieu.

*I will still be contacting the 5 winners of the Hello Food Nigeria give away once I receive the vouchers from the company!!

39 comments:

  1. Hi Amy. Kinda bittersweet to see you go because I visit your blog daily but it's okay. You are one strong mama.

    Happy birthday to Abigail. May she continue to grow in health. strength and wisdom in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and thank you so much. It's bittersweet for me to but I do hope to get back to blogging by the end of the year again!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday gorgeous Abigail Adesuwa! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I believe Abby enjoyed her birthdya fesitivites, particularly since she keeps singing happy birthday to herself a week later!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to your beautiful little girl! I know all too well how life can get. You will be missed around these parts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby, Jonathon and I will be coming to South Africa and Botswana in September for a wedding. Maybe we can meet up!!! If you read this please email me at mauritzfamily@gmail.com!!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! Time flies when you're having fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does. In the blink of an eye these children grow!

      Delete
  5. Awwww Happy birthday!!!!!!! Cheers and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope a shower of blessings follows Abigail all the days of her life!

      Delete
  6. Awww...say it ain't so!!! I love reading your blog! But I can certainly understand. You certainly do have a full plate and I am glad you are focusing on the most important things.

    We'll certainly stay in touch. Jordan sent her friend Abby a birthday present. It should arrive on Monday or Tuesday :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been such a great blogger/facebook friend. We will meet one of these days! I hope to go to the cherry blossom festival in DC maybe next year, that would be the perfect time to meet up! Abby loved loved loved the gift from Jordan. You guys picked the perfect present for my lil diva! Thanks

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Abby!

    I cannot believe she is already 2 and that I have been following you for so long! It is crazy to feel like you are in a person's life that you've never met :) The miracle of blogging!

    Again, Happy Birthday Abigail. Praying that God blesses you with many more happy, healthy and loving years. You are a true beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Faith you were one of the first bloggers I started following and I love your free spirit. It breaks my heart that I wont be able to follow your exciting life as much as I have been but you will be in my prayers. I hope this year a wonderful job comes your way!

      Delete
  8. Awww I know I'm not the only one who will miss your posts, but I applaud you for taking care of yourself and your family, and handling business! I am glad you are finding lots of activities to make your life in Durham more comfortable :)

    Happy birthday to sweet Abby! The two years has certainly flown by! She's such a pretty girl!

    I'll miss you Amy! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your sincere and thoughtful comments. It's folks like you that make blogging fun and the reason why I will be coming back once my life isn't as hectic. I'll miss your sweet comments!

      Delete
  9. Dear Amy,

    I have often marveled at how you do it all so I can understand that with everything on your plate, priorities have to be shuffled around. I wish you all the best in these directions, some new, that your life is taking and I'm glad that I can keep up a bit via Instagram.

    Happy 2nd birthday to Abby and may God continue to mold her into the lovely woman she is destined to be. May He also continue to equip you and Jonathon with what you need to parent her in the best way possible.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have the same prayer you do for Abigail and it makes my heart happy to know so many people are praying for her! Good thing we can keep in contact on instagram! You know I am praying that this will be your year of answered prayers. And just as a side note, dont forget about Abby when you are choosing your future flower girls ;)

      Delete
  10. Awww you and your family will be missed and happy birthday to Abby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Amy, first of all- Happy birthday Abigail. You have such a beautiful little girl and know she'll grow up a lovely young lady.
    Now to your departure, can I say please don't go. I still remember the first day I read your blog. I was pregnant at the time and my friend sent me the link. I was hooked just from reading about your delivery. I wish all the best. I'll echo all the previous responses and say I really don't know how you do it. But from one mom to another, I have found your blog truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's heart warming to know that I have inspired other moms! The blogging community is such a great way to get ideas and inspiration for our family lives and I'm glad my little life has inspired others. Take care and I'll be back!!!

      Delete
  12. Happy 2nd Birthday Abigail! She is so cute and whoa, that felt so fast. Wishing her many many more joyful years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe one day Abby and your daughter can have a play date!

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday to Abby! May she continue to be a constant source of joy, happiness and love to you guys!

    Secondly, nooooo don't go!! But that side, I can understand where you're coming from. Well done being such a super mum and putting your priorities right. I do hope you come back to blogging but I won't be selfish (I just love seeing pictures of Abby!). Wishing you the very best on your different projects and please don't be a stranger!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tola! I loved connecting with other Nigerian mommies of toddlers in the blogosphere. I really trully hope our diva daughters can meet one day while you and I chat over a delicious brunch. It will happen!

      Delete
  14. Happy 2nd Birthday Abigail, man I actually remember when you posted about her birth, time surely flew by.

    I have so enjoyed following along your journey from engagement to Dr to marriage to mommy. I am even happier that I got to meet you in real life.

    Good luck with your new endeavor and wishing you all the best. I might stalk you on email because I am sure I'll be wondering what you guys are up to. I love this blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pegster thank you so much for being my blog friend turned real life friend. I will be stalking your blog until that baby boy of your decides to make his appearance! I can't wait to mail you the welcome to the world gift I got for you!

      Delete
  15. awwwwwwww
    Thanks for sharing so far. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've enjoyed checking in with your life these past few years. Although I understand the reasons, I will miss your updates. Thank you for allowing us in your life these past few years. Good luck to you and your family in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following my blog and for all your nice and thoughtfull comments and advice. It's been a fun journey!

      Delete
  17. Happy birthday Abby! I cannot believe it has been 2 years already. I hope she had fun on the big day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby had a blast! It's going to be hard to top this past birthday party next year, but I am up for the challenge!

      Delete
  18. Amy, I still want you to post pics of your weight updates on facebook!!! Will miss reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So far I have lost 16 pounds! I will be updating my instagram account periodically with my weight loss progress. You can follow me at wifeymommymd!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wishing you all the best! Loved checking in on your blog! As a mom dealing with excess pregnancy weight, will love to see pics of your weight loss journey! Sent instagram request!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Amy! I just have a quick question about your blog! My name is Heather and if you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete