Friday, January 17, 2014

New Year, New Me

This New Year has been so extremely busy for me! Thankfully I have decent time management skills so I have been able to get things done, although I have been whining a lot more lately to hubby about how stressed I am about everything. Between my family, church, residency, studying for my boards that are coming up in July, preparing presentations for various lectures and meetings, and going to the gym I have little time for anything else.

Despite my crazy, hectic schedule I have been pretty good about eating well and going to the gym. Since January 1 I have lost 7 pounds!!! I actually feel lighter and healthier although when I look in the mirror it doesn't look like I have lost even once ounce :( Hopefully my outer appearance will catch up to my inner appearance soon. I'm not discouraged though because the scale doesn't lie! Thank you all so much for your encouragement and suggestions for my weight loss journey. It means a lot to me!

A random perk of my new found "love" of the gym is that Abigail can count to 10! When I get home from work I change into my work out clothes and then Abby and I sit down on the living room floor to stretch our muscles. We stretch each group of muscles as we count to 10 and it's amazing how fast she caught on. She loves to stretch and count. Makes my mommy heart happy to know that I am instilling in her a love of physical activity as well as some basic math skills.

And now for a photo dump of pics I have taken on my lovely new phone over the past 2 weeks:

Playtime at the park
Maybe one day I'll teach her how to eat like a lady...


She sure does love her umbrella!
 


Playing around after church
 

Play date at Chick-fil-a
 

Such an angelic face!
Also I will be hosting my first ever give away! I was contacted by Hellofood.com.ng an online food order and delivery service about helping to promote their business. They have offered 5 vouchers to my readers. How awesome is that. Stay tuned for more info later on this weekend about the give away!

14 comments:

  1. I make those owl hats for friends too!!! That being said, hang in there. I've lost 74 pounds and my mind still sees the huge person I was before the weight loss. Look on this as a journey. Take it one meal at a time, one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww Abi is becoming such a grown girl. Bless her

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby is just so cute and she looks like such a happy girl! Wow...way to go on the weight loss. That's awesome! Kudos on teaching Abby to count to 10. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids are sponges. I wasn't purposely even trying to teach her, it just happened :)

      Delete
  4. Kudos to you on adopting healthy habits and finding time to "do it all"! Maybe one day you can share your best time management tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for keeping up with New Year goals. You'll be back to your dream weight goal in no time.

    You are one busy lady I tell you. Hopefully come July you'll be back to a little less busy schedule.

    Hang in there mama.

    PS - Thanks for thinking about us when you are out and about :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it. It's so perfect for you!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the 7 lbs and sticking with it even with your crazy busy schedule. That is so cute that Abby stretches with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie. Secretly my ultimate goal is to look like you!

      Delete
  7. I feel bad that its been so long since I've visited you! Your baby girl is so big and beautiful and counting!!!! How exciting! Proud mama! An congrats on your weightless. Keep it up! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are back to blogging!

      Delete