Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Cards

I am just now putting my Christmas Cards in the mail. Total Fail. My goal was to have them mailed off two weeks ago, but the extremely inefficient United States Postal Service halted my progress. I naively believed their website claim that if you ordered stamps online they would be delivered to your mailbox within 24-48 hours. 3 weeks later and I am still stampless. I spent an hour waiting to speak to someone on their customer service hotline before I left for Houston last week and also sent them a very 'opinionated' email that they have yet to respond to.

I finally gave up on those stamps arriving in time and went to the zoo of a post office located close to me. I talked to the manager about my stamp situation and she was unsurpisingly very unhelpful. I ended up just buying 2 more booklets of stamps. I'm still a tad bit disappointed at the USPS's lack of quality service, but I caved in and bought more stamps because I wanted to get my cards off asap so that hopefully people will get them before Christmas!

As a repeat of last year I got two sets of Christmas cards, one of just Abby and one of the three of us. I figure most of my friends want to see photos of Abby and most of my family wants to see photos of all three of us. With this in mind I ordered 60 of the Abigail Christmas cards from JCPenney and 30 of the family Christmas cards from Shutterfly!

My sweet girl has grown so much since last Christmas!

I love the story our Christmas cards tell. 2010-Newlyweds. 2011-Expecting Parents. 2012-New parents. 2013-Young Family!
*Update 12/22/2013: I finally got the stamps in the mail, but as the saying goes "A day late and a dollar short!" Moral of the story: NEVER order stamps from the postal service website!

12 comments:

  1. That is such a bummer! Boo to the postal service!

    I love that your Christmas cards tell a story! Beautiful Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I didn't realize they did, but when I lined them all up the story jumped out at me!

      Delete
  2. Lovely cards! She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have fun dressing up my baby doll!

      Delete
  3. Oh no! That really sucks! Will they at least reimburse you the initial cost? I hope so.

    The cards are so cute! I might steal that idea next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope no reimbursement. I finally got the stamps yesterday. I am going to just save them and use them next year.

      Delete
  4. I still haven't mailed mine!! I'm doing kind of a Happy Holidays/New Year thing!! I should be getting them soon and I have yet to get stamps. What a debacle!!! Love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't order them online ;) Despite how much I hate going to the post office get your stamps there or at a grocery store or atm if you have any around you that carry them!

      Delete
  5. I don't trust our postal service's timelines either. Nothing seems to be delivered in the times stated on the website or at on posters at the post office. sooo... yeah. I say better late than never and I'm sure your family & friends will love their Christmas cards regardless when they arrive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never. I hope you and your sweet family are having a great Christmas!

      Delete
  6. Abby is adorable on the cards, beautiful pictures. I don't know what to do about this year's Christmas cards. I wanted to send traditional cards but husband decided that electronic cards are going to be the choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie. What did you end up doing for cards?

      Delete