Saturday, November 26, 2011

Nursery Progress

This Thanksgiving was the first Thanksgiving in my entire life that I have spent away from my parents and siblings, and though I miss them so so much I still have much to be thankful for! I spent the holiday with the best husband on the planet and I am now in my third trimester patiently awaiting the birth of our special gift from God.


Thanksgiving meal for two = leftovers for weeks!

On Black Friday before I went to work we got up really early and went to JCPenney to pick up baby girl's nursery furniture. I thought that by the time I got home from work Jonathon would have it all finished. Little did I know that the self assembly the furniture required was pretty extensive. It took Jonathon two afternoons to put all the pieces together. Thank God he knows his way around a toolbox.


Peanut Butter was really excited about the new packages. He has been playing with the empty boxes all weekend!


The dresser and chest took Jonathon the longest to put together. I honestly don't know how 'regular folks' would have been able to put them together. I sure wouldn't have been able too!


The crib was actually the easiest to assemble!


Finally done. 1 crib, 1 bookshelf, 1 four drawer chest and 1 dresser/changer assembled with love. Baby girl is blessed indeed.

12 comments:

  1. Love it! you have a beautiful home! we were so lucky our dresser came already set up and the crib wasn't that bad when we worked together lol....I love the nursery ...can't wait to see pics of this little cutie pie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your nursery furniture, looks like it will be a very pretty room for your princess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! lookin' good! your crib looks very similar to the one i just ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by Mrs. M! you brave brave couple..but it looks like you got some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner for two. We have tons of left overs too. I don't know how we will eat it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, we had thanksgiving for two too! If I never see a Turkey sandwich again, it will be too soon! I think it is best to have an intimate thanksgiving your first year. Btw - who made the turkey? I made my first and it came out perfect! Gravy on the other hand...bleh. Damn Martha Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice set :) Can't wait to see baby girl in it when she finally arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nursery looks nice already, great choice of color. I can't wait to see the final product. Your hubby did a good job putting that stuff together. Oh and Happy Thanksgiving and welcome to the 3rd trimester, just that much closer to seeing your little girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving and good job on the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks ladies! i am really excited about the nursery. i can't wait till its finished and i can show you guys the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww... your hubby is so sweet! The nursery is coming along!! I can't wait to see the reveal. :)

    ReplyDelete